Services and Providers Referral Guide
Use the information below to find available services and specialty practices for your patients.
Specialty Practices | Hospitalist Program | Transfer Center | Service Lines at Sumner Regional | Inpatient Admitting Process | Outpatient Admitting Process | Maps and Directions | Phone Directory/ Important Numbers
Vanderbilt Allergy & Asthma Medicine, PC
300 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 460, Gallatin, TN 37066
Main 615- 936-2727 | Gallatin 615-451-0030 | Fax 615-451-0260
Kenneth Babe, MD
Saint Thomas Heart, LLC
300 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 310, Gallatin, TN 37066
615- 451-9200 | Fax 615- 451-1246
Tennessee Heart & Vascular - Gallatin
300 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 100, Gallatin, TN 37066
615- 230-6435 | Fax 615- 230-6437
Centennial Heart - Gallatin
HighPoint Endocrinology Associates
225 Big Station Camp Blvd. Ste. 205, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-328-3380 | Fax 615-328-3381
St. Thomas Health Partners
110 St. Blaise Rd., Gallatin, TN 37066
615-230-8070 | Fax 615-989-4217
General Surgery | Robotic Surgery | Laparoscopic Surgery
HighPoint Surgical Associates
300 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 470, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-328-3730 | Fax 615-328-3731
The L.R. Dampier Surgery Center
196 Stadium Drive, Hendersonville, TN 37075
615-264-0540 | Fax 615-264-0539
Concord Infectious Disease
405 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 102, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-420-5390 | Fax 615-549-1532
Nephrology Associates - Gallatin
300 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 200, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-451-3929 | Fax 615-451-4845
St. Thomas Health Partners – Sumner Medical Group
110 St. Blaise Rd., Gallatin, TN 37066
615-230-8070 | Fax 615-230-0752
Megan Mason, MD
Carpenter Cancer Center (Radiation Oncology)
225 Big Station Camp Rd., Ste. 104, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-328-6180 | Fax 615-328-6187
Green Eye Center
845 Lone Oak Dr., Gallatin, TN 37066
615-452-1602 | Fax 615-451-0139
Angela Templeton DDS
557 E Main St. A, Hendersonville, TN 37075
615-826-9259 | Fax 615-826-9806
OMS Nashville – Gallatin
355A Hancock St., Gallatin, TN 37066
615-451-0015 | Fax 615-822-0542
Sumner Pediatric Dentistry
Hughston Orthopedic Clinic – Gallatin
253 W. Main St., Gallatin, TN 37066
615-547-6700 | Fax 615-526-7170
Tennessee Orthopedic Alliance
501 Saundersville Rd., Bldg. C, Ste 148, Hendersonville, TN 37075
615-265-5000 | Fax 615-265-5005
555 Hartsville Pk., Gallatin, TN 37066
615-328-6641 | Fax 615-328-6649
Julie Lemmon, MD
VIP MidSouth Gallatin Children’s Clinic
648 Hartsville Pk., Gallatin, TN 37066
615-451-9246 | Fax 615-452-7862
VIP MidSouth Station Camp Children’s Clinic
225 Big Station Camp Blvd., Ste. 204, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-451-7222 | Fax 615-452-7862
879 Greenlea Blvd, Ste. 106, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-461-0656 | Fax 615-794-5416
Monroe Carell at Vanderbilt
2200 Children's Way, Nashville, TN 37232
Lett Surgery Center-Mt. Juliet
660 S. Mt. Juliet Road, Ste. 210, Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
Lett Surgery Center-Lebanon
920 S. Hartmann Dr., Ste.340
Lebanon, TN 37090
Frazier Foot & Ankle
300 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 300, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-491-1341 | Fax 615-328-3805
Neuhaus Foot & Ankle
179 Hancock St., Ste 300, Gallatin, TN 37066
Lucy Barrow, DPM
William Faith, MD
HighPoint Pulmonary Associates
213 Broadway, Hartsville, TN 37074
615-328-3790 | Fax 615-328-3799
405 Steam Plant Rd., Ste. 100, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-452-5225 | Fax 615-230-0698
225 Big Station Camp Blvd, Ste. 211, Gallatin, TN 37066
615-328-3480 | Fax 615-328-3486
Derald Madson, MD
- Program Overview
Sumner Regional Medical Center (SRMC) has a well-established Hospitalist’s program. All hospitalists are well trained and focus on diseases of the hospitalized patient. During the hospital stay, the hospitalist keeps in close contact with the referring primary care physician (PCP). In most cases direction is sought from the PCP in designing a discharge plan for the patient. Following discharge the patient’s care is returned to the primary care provider. The hospitalist’s practice is limited to in-patient care.
Below we have provided you with information that should assist you in having your patient admitted to SRMC through the hospitalist’s program:
Please call the admitting Hospitalist line when you have a patient that you believe is a candidate for hospital admission.
Admitting Hospitalist Direct Admit 615-328-2255
- Responsibilities of the Hospitalist Program:
- Provide and coordinate quality inpatient medical care to all patients referred to our hospitalist program
- Evaluate all patients as requested and render appropriate medical care.
- Notify physician’s office of patient’s admission to the hospital. Such notification will be by fax and when necessary by phone.
- Confer with physician as necessary to enhance the delivery of medical care.
- Consult appropriate specialties as needed, and attempt when possible to maintain previously established referral patterns.
- Communicate with patients and family members as necessary to keep them involved and informed in the patient’s treatment plan.
- Notify physician’s office of patient’s discharge from the hospital. Pertinent medical records including discharge orders and discharge summaries will be sent to physician’s office.
- Refer patient to physician for follow-up outpatient care.
- Be responsible for billing professional fees for inpatient services to the appropriate payer source.
- Responsibilities of the Referring Primary Care Provider:
- Inform patients of physician’s relationship with SRMC’s Hospitalist Program prior to hospitalization, when possible.
- Consult Hospitalist Program for admission by calling admitting hospitalist at 615-328-8888
- Encourage patients to contact physician prior to presenting to the Emergency Dept
- Provide pertinent medical information to the Nursing Supervisor Fax 615-328-5569 when notified of a patient’s admission.
- Provide patients with outpatient follow-up care according to the time frame requested by Hospitalist Program.
- Contact the Physician Hospitalist Program’s office 615-328-4599 for questions, suggestions, or concerns regarding a patient’s inpatient care.
- We welcome your input and suggestions to make the SRMC Hospitalist’s Program a complete success. It is our goal to meet both the needs of your patients and the expectations of your office. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact our Hospitalist’s Office Coordinator, Michelle Scruggs at 615-328-5592
- To complement our Hospitalist Program, SRMC also offers an Intensivist Program. Much like the Hospitalist Program, these providers specialize in the evaluation and treatment of patients in the Critical Care Unit. The information above remains the same for the Intensivist Program.
The transfer center is operated through Access Point. To request a transfer call 615-328-CALL (2255). The fax number is 256-765-0076. The focus of Access Point is to create a path of least resistance to our organization, identify opportunities to improve efficiency and promote more time for caregivers at the bedside. Access Point will coordinate numerous aspects of our transfer processes in partnership with our medical staff and leadership team to identify opportunities for efficiency to improve patient outcomes. Streamlined systems, policies and practices enable rapid acceptance of patients. The business intelligence collected will identify service gaps and improve our quality of care. Providers and hospitals looking for a higher level of care are more likely to send their patients to organizations that move quickly to "yes" to seamlessly accommodate patients.
Access Point is staffed by registered nurses and clinical support staff. The model supports destination placement based on the most appropriate care setting for patients. Access Point will support and optimize the patient transfer process based on your identified needs to include:
- Coordinate access requests received 24/7
- Determination of the clinical needs and appropriate facility for the patient
- Capacity and capability verification of the accepting facility
- Coordination of a doctor-to-doctor conference on a recorded line
- Securing the most appropriate mode of ground or air transport
- Provide updates throughout the transfer process
- Provide a call summary to the accepting facility prior to the patient’s arrival
- Provide follow-up updates to the referring facility
- Document all stages and timing of the access process
- About our Inpatient Admission Process
Our goal is to provide you with a step-by-step process that will assist you in having your patients admitted to Sumner Regional Medical Center.
- First, please explain / inform your patient about the hospital’s hospitalist program (listed in this directory). We also have brochures available to assist you with this important initial step.
- Consult the hospitalist program for admission by calling the Sumner Transfer Center at 615-328-2255.
- You may be asked to provide pertinent medical information to the Hospitalist program office after receiving notification of the patient’s admission. You or your staff can also reach the office by calling 615-328-5592 during regular business hours.
- Once admission approval has been communicated with your office, please direct the patient to the admitting office on the ground floor of the hospital (if between the hours of 5:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday – Friday and 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM, Saturday - Sunday). Outside of these hours, please ask the patient to go to Emergency Room for registration purposes only.
- You will be asked to provide follow-up care for the patient after their discharge from the hospital.
- Our hospitalists will keep you informed of any significant changes in the patient during their stay and appropriate documentation at discharge.
For inpatient rehabilitation services for patients recovering from stroke, surgeries, etc.
For all other inpatient information, please refer to our directory of Important Numbers.
- Outpatient Registration
For outpatient registration, contact us at 615-328-6500. Fax orders to 615-328-6501. Outpatient registration is open at SRMC Monday-Friday, 5:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Outside of these hours, the patient should go to the Emergency Room for registration purposes only (often time direct admits are sent directly to their room).
To schedule outpatient imaging services at Sumner Regional Medical Center or Sumner Station, please contact us at 615-328-6500 or fax orders to 615-328-6501. Insurance pre-certifications may be handled by our pre-cert Team. When scheduling tests, include all patient clinical information with order set. Hours for scheduling are Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM.
For Lab services
Laboratory services are open 24 hours a day/7 days a week on the 1st floor of SRMC. No need to schedule in advance.
Call for questions and general information: 615-328-5503. Fax orders to 615-328-6649 prior to procedure or send with patient.
For outpatient occupational/physical/speech therapy services, fax orders to 615-328-6115. Call 615-328-5502 to schedule.
For all other outpatient services, please refer directory of Important Numbers.