Limited Visitation Policy effective December 9
December 8, 2020
At Sumner Regional Medical Center, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidelines as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients.
Due to the current prevalence and trend of Covid-19 in our community, we have implemented limited visitor policies to protect our patients, employees, medical providers, and community.
Visitation and Support Person Policy as of December 9, 2020
- No visitors for general inpatients or patients having outpatient services (i.e., imaging, lab)
- No visitors in the Emergency Department, unless approved by a clinical supervisor
- No visitors will be allowed to visit Covid-19 positive units/patients
- One support person allowed for the following patients:
- Same-Day Surgery
- Labor and Delivery
- Special Needs
- End-of-Life care
- No support persons under age 18
All support persons must enter and exit through the front lobby. Everyone will be screened for temperature and symptoms, must check-in on arrival and check out when leaving.
All support persons must provide their own mask and wear it at all times.