As you enter our facility, you are saying “yes” to the opportunity to pursue independence and meet the challenges of daily living with renewed confidence and enthusiasm. You are here because your physician and other members of your healthcare team believe you have the potential to regain your highest level of function and independence. At The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at SRMC each patient will be assigned his/her own team of rehabilitation professionals. These professionals will evaluate and develop a comprehensive treatment plan that meets your individual needs and goals. While each individual treatment plan will vary per patient, here are some ideas of a day in our unit.
- A member of your team will help you to get dressed and ready for the day.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are planned for you by your nutritionist and physician. Snacks are always available if needed.
- Your therapy schedule will be provided to you the night before. Typically you will participate in 2-3 therapy sessions before and after lunch.
- Rest is provided between sessions, when needed.
- Your team nurse will check on you throughout the day, provide you with needed treatments, and help you to practice what you work on in your therapy sessions.
Throughout your stay your case manager will visit to ensure that all of your needs are being met and to answer any questions. You will receive routine visits from your specialized physician to evaluate your progress.