Inpatient RehabilitationCall 615-328-6688
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Sumner Regional Medical Center encourages the patient and family to be part of the rehabilitation team. We offer physical, occupational and speech therapies, RN case manager and 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care under the direction of full-time medical directors. Medical Directors are Dr. Marcos Cruz, Dr. Sean Donovan, and Dr. Matt King. On-site access to hospital-based laboratory services, diagnostic testing, and dialysis.
SRMC Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
555 Hartsville Pike
Gallatin, TN 37066
Find a DoctorSearch Doctors
Our team of rehabilitation professionals serves patients who:
- Are limited in self-care
- Have impaired mobility, balance and coordination
- Are limited in strength and range of motion
- Have cognitive and perceptual deficits
- Experience speech and communication problems
- Have swallowing disorders
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit is designed to meet the needs of many different types of patients. Some of the common diagnoses for patients referred to Inpatient Rehabilitation include:
- Orthopaedic surgery/injury
- Arthritis (polyarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and degenerative joint disease)
- Post joint replacement
- Multiple trauma
- Brain and spinal cord injury
- Neurological disorders (multiple sclerosis, motor neuron diseases, polyneuropathy, Parkinson’s disease and muscular dystrophy)
- Cardiac conditions
- Pulmonary disorders
- Work injuries
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit has many special features, including state-of-the-art equipment, 17 private, spacious and comfortable rooms, an exceptionally experienced team of therapists and nurses, and family support and education.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit accepts patients based on referrals from primary care physicians, insurance representatives, case managers, social service professionals, family members and other health professionals.
A patient’s stay in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit may be covered partially or completely by Medicare or private insurance. Standard federal rules will apply in relation to the patient’s individual available hospital days. The preadmission coordinator will be able to determine coverage and explain insurance benefits.