Visitation Policy Update: May 19, 2020
May 19, 2020
At Sumner Regional Medical Center, our top priority is safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our patients, providers, employees and community. We continue to closely monitor the prevalence of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and follow state and federal guidance as we adapt our operations to safely care for and support our patients. As current projections continue to indicate a lower than expected volume of COVID-19 in our region, effective May 19, 2020, we are easing our visitor policy as follows:
- Visiting Hours are 10 am – 7 pm, daily
- Patients will be limited to one WELL visitor per day
- Visitors allowed outside of visiting hours include one visitor for ER patients, one companion for surgical patients, one support person for labor and delivery patients, one support person for minors or special needs patients, and guests for end-of-life care.
- All visitors must be 13 years of age or older, will be screened upon entry and will be required to bring and wear a mask at all times while in the facility. Visitors who do not provide their own mask will not be allowed entry.
- Visitors who do not pass the screening at entry will be asked to reschedule their visit until they are symptom-free.
- Visitors are NOT allowed for high-risk, isolation, immunocompromised or respiratory patients who are under observation or test positive for COVID-19.
- We continue to screen everyone who enters our facilities for symptoms consistent with COVID-19, per CDC guidelines.
- Please utilize alternative methods of communication, including technology, with patients as much as possible.
Signage is posted at the facility notifying visitors and the community of these new restrictions and guidelines.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and team.