Having Chest Pain & Symptoms? Call 911 - We'll bring Emergency Services to your home!
Heart attacks have beginnings. These beginnings occur in more than 50% of patients. Most importantly, if recognized in time, these “beginnings” can be treated before the heart is damaged!
Alarming Heart Attack Statistics
- Heart disease causes approximately 1 of 4 deaths in the United States.
- ·bout 50% of sudden cardiac deaths occur outside a hospital. This suggests that many people don’t act on early warning signs.
- Survey results show that only 27% of the respondents were aware of all major symptoms and knew to call 911.
By sharing Early Heart Attack Education (EHAC), we can change these sobering statistics!
Early Signs of a Heart Attack
Early signs and heart attack symptoms can begin hours or days before a heart attack. You may or may not experience any or all of these symptoms.
Mild chest symptoms that may come and go until finally becoming constant and severe include:
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Jaw pain
- Chest pressure, squeezing or discomfort
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of fullness
- Sleep disturbances including bouts of insomnia or trouble either getting to sleep or staying asleep
If you experience one or more of these symptoms, you owe it to yourself to get these symptoms checked out immediately at Sumner Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Department.
We are an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, certified by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
Survive, Don’t Drive – Call 911.